WIS Software License Agreement
The following text appears at the first start of the WIS programme after installation:
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("LICENSE") CAREFULLY, THEN CLICK "CONTINUE". IN THE DIALOG BOX THAT APPEARS, CLICK EITHER "AGREE" OR "DISAGREE". BY CLICKING "AGREE," YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, CLICK "DISAGREE".
1. The WIS Software. The materials presented here embody the WIS package and associated documentation, version , and are referred to as "the WIS Software".
2. The WIS Consortium. The WIS Software was originally developed within the European RTD collaboration project "WIS" (1994-1996) carried out under contract JOU2-CT94-0373 to the European Union in the DG Research JOULE programme, by eight European research organisations, co-ordinated by TNO (The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research) and is being further developed within the European Thematic Network WinDat (2001-2004) under contract NNE5-2000-122 of the Energy Programme of DG Transport and Energy of the European Commission. The WinDat Network comprises about 40 European research and industry partners and is co-ordinated by TNO.
For the purposes of this licence, the teams contractually or de facto involved in the development and/or distribution of WIS are collectively referred to as "the WIS Consortium".
3. License. The WIS Software accompanying this License whether on disk, in read only memory, on any other media or in any other form is licensed to you by the WIS Consortium. The WIS Software in this package and any copies which this License authorizes you to make are subject to this License.
4. Ownership. Ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the WIS Software shall remain in the WIS Consortium.
5. Third party Notices and Conditions. Graphical plots are created under license with GraphiC Copyright © by Scientific Endeavors Corporation. The WISKOBRA software was developed in co-operation with PHYSIBEL (B).
6. Permitted Uses and Restrictions. This License allows you to install and use the WIS Software. Except as expressly permitted in this License, you may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, rent, lease, loan, sublicense, distribute or create derivative works based upon the WIS Software in whole or part or transmit the WIS Software over a network or from one computer to another. Your rights under this License will terminate automatically without notice if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this License.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty on WIS Software. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the WIS Software is at your sole risk. The WIS Software is provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind and the WIS Consortium expressly disclaim all warranties and/or conditions, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties and/or conditions of merchantability or satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement of third party rights. The WIS Consortium does not warrant that the functions contained in the WIS Software will meet your requirements, or that the operation of the WIS Software will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the WIS Software will be corrected. Furthermore, the WIS Consortium does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the WIS Software or related documentation in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. No oral or written information or advice given by the WIS Consortium or a authorized representative from the WIS Consortium shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty. Should the WIS Software prove defective, you (and not the WIS Consortium or an authorized representative of the WIS Consortium) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction.
8. Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the WIS Consortium be liable for any incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages arising out of or relating to this license.
9. Reference in the WIS Software or in the documentation to any specific commercial product by its trademark, manufacturer or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation.
10. Complete Agreement. This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the WIS Software and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this License will be binding unless in writing and signed by the WIS Consortium. The parties hereto confirm that they have requested that this Agreement and all related documents be drafted in English.
Back to Download
Back to Top