Window Information System (WIS)
TNO Building and Construction Research
Service Pack SP2 for WIS version 3.0.1.
Version: WIS 3.0.1 SP 2
Date: October, 2006
Installation instructions for SP2 for WIS 3.0.1
- This Service Pack includes all bug fixes from SP1 and can be used to update WIS 3.0.1 and WIS 3.0.1 SP1.
- This service pack cannot be used to update older versions of WIS, such as WIS 1.x and WIS 2.0.x. You should re-install WIS completely if you still have an older version.
- This Service Pack will NOT affect your data (wisdata.mdb will not be replaced)
- In order to make use of the latest data you should also update your wisdata.mdb database (if necessary). Please refer to the database update section.
The downloadable file WIS301_SP2.exe is a self-extracting zip-file. Open/Run the file to unpack to any folder on your computer (c:\wis_setup by default).
Unpacked, the folder will contain two files:
Run Setup.bat by double clicking on the file in your windows explorer.
After the introduction screen the update program will ask you were Service Pack 2 should be installed. The default folder is ...program files\tno\wis 3.0.1. Make sure that you select the folder were you installed WIS 3.0.1 (!) and then click next. When the update is finished you may remove the temporary directory where you unpacked the self-extracting zip-file.
Bug fixes in SP2
Service Pack 2 is a cumulative Service Pack and includes all bug fixes that were included in Service Pack 1.
- When new scattering layers were created without spectral data,
calculations could not be performed. This has been fixed.
- When updating the WIS database with new data, the Ra-value was not imported. This has been fixed.
- When updating the WIS database with new data which was reviewed
by WinDat, the groupname "Windatx.y" was reset by the user. This has
been fixed. WinDat-reviewed data now has groupname "Windatx.y".
- The option to import spacers from the update database with the database
management program has been added.
- The help file of the database management program has been greatly improved.
- Some minor esthetic changes were made to the database management program
to simplify the process of importing new data.
The following bugs are known bugs:
- Some pane data cannot be deleted (error message about related data in the
- Removing the last pane in the database will automatically create a new
- When adding new panes or scattering layers, the groupname can be set to
Windat. This is an unwanted error.